This blog post is long overdue. I carved the spoons below over the last couple of months. As you can see, I’ve been experimenting with different types of wood and different shapes. Most of them are finished with a homemade wax, a mixture of walnut oil, beeswax and a bit of orange oil. They were all finished with a bit of sanding. The 5 eurocent coin is about 20 mm in diameter.

Continue reading →


This post is long overdue. I’ve been postponing this one, because it’s a lot to write about. In turn, it became a lot more to write about by postponing. I’ve decided to give a short summary of this project. It’s not a success story, but I learned a lot and I’m still pretty happy with the results. But if you’re planning on splitting a big log, especially if it’s your first, you might want to read this post to see what I did wrong and how I solved the problems I ran into.

Continue reading →